Highland Composites offers our customers the unique advantages of combining multiple reinforcement methods with state-of-the-art matrix consolidation technologies -- all within one facility.
- Standard braiding (sleeves & ropes)
- Over-braiding (finished parts & near-net-shape preforms)
- Filament winding (capable of 30-inch diameter x 24-foot length)
- Automated ply cutting and kitting
We offer full manufacturing capabilities utilizing:
- Uni-directional fabrics & noncrimp braids
- Chopped fiber mat
- 0/90 flat fabrics - dry or prepreg
We are capable of a variety of curing processes, which can be customized and combined to meet your exact needs.
- Autoclave curing
- Composites curing ovens
- Resin infusion (VaRTM)
- Resin-transfer molding (RTM and L-RTM)
- 200-ton heated and cooled platen press (1000° F capability)
Along with our state-of-the-art equipment, we provide our customers with support and expertise across a full range of product engineering and design services.
- Solid modeling with CATIA V5 and Solidworks Premium
- Part design & analysis
- Fiber and material selection
- Process selection
- Mold tooling design - composites & metal
- Prototype design & manufacture
We offer in-house mechanical testing with material characterization and analytical support.
- Uni-axial testing & impact testing
- Flexure and torque testing
- Rapid prototyping (additive manufacturing
- Concept analysis: FEA and process simulation