Highland Composites to exhibit broad capabilities at AUVSI's Xponential 2016 - Hall 1, Booth #1255
(STATESVILLE, NC) – Highland Composites, the composite structures division of Highland Industries, Inc., will exhibit at the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's AUVSI Xponential 2016 conference and expo — Hall 1, Booth # 1255 — May 3-5, 2016 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
“We are excited to share our cutting-edge composites technology and expertise with the unmanned vehicle and drone industry,” said David New, Vice President at Highland Composites. “Our broad capabilities and relentless dedication to quality provide extensive options to solve our customers’ design challenges – today and in the future.”
Highland Composites offers the advantages of multiple traditional and advanced composite processes and technologies, which can be customized and combined to meet exact specifications, needs and preferences – all within one state-of-the-art facility located in Statesville, NC.
- Standard braiding equipment
- Over braiding equipment (finished parts and preforms)
- Filament winding (capable of 30-inch diameter x 24-foot length)
- Automated ply cutting and kitting
- Autoclave prepreg part manufacturing
- Out-of-autoclave part manufacturing
- Resin infusion (VaRTM)
- Resin-transfer molding (RTM and L-RTM)
- 200-ton heated platen press (1000°F capability)
Along with its state-of-the-art equipment and new facility, Highland Composites provides expertise across a full range of product engineering and design services.
- Solid modeling with CATIA V5 and Solidworks Premium
- Part design and analysis
- Materials and process design
- Mold tooling design – composite and metal
- Prototype design and manufacture
David New, Vice President -- Highland Composites