Our composite structures division utilizes a full range of braided, woven, and raw fibers together with proprietary, state-of-the-art technology -- exclusive to Highland -- to create products for use in a wide variety of structural applications.
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Corrosion resistant
- Excels at complex product design and geometries
Composites have proven useful across numerous industries seeking to take advantage of superior strength to weight ratio and the technology’s strength in manufacturing complex product designs.
- Pressure vessels
- Oil & Gas exploration - tubing, piping
- Aerospace - jet engine turbines and components, wing components, rotorcraft, drones, aircraft light-weighting
- Automotive - drive train, body and wheel light-weighting
- Wind energy - turbine blades, tower, and components
- Utilities - electricity production & transmission cables
- Medical devices - imaging equipment, implants, orthopedics, prosthetics
- Sporting goods - equipment, bicycle frames and components
- Marine - masts, propellers, oars, hulls, tillers, beams, struts
- Construction - bridges, concrete reinforcement, restoration
- Military - rocket components, satellite components, munitions tubing, protective gearing